Saturday 3 February 2007

the floorboards are blue

the lunar eclipse began ten minutes ago. soon, the white face will be copper. it will take many hours for it to end. for the purity to return. this happens only once every thousand years.

meanwhile, i’m lying on my floorboards. my bare skin sticks to the glossy sheen. shard of shattered light sprinkle like wet puddles across the wood. i trace their outline with my fingers.

i can see the moon through the window. the clouds threaten to take it away. in the distance, the lightning spikes the thunder. rain will come soon. when it does, it will enter my window, spattering across the floorboards, forming little cults. they won’t want to talk to each other, but sometimes they will fight. some will be absorbed into the larger cults.

now and then, my fingers will shave them into smaller pieces.

i’m looking forward to playing god.

No comments: